The Lawyer's Pen
Carbolic Smoke Ball Co
Carbolic Smoke Ball Co., a curiously-named* supplier of gifts to the legal profession based in England, has commissioned a pen for lawyers from Conway Stewart. Ex-barrister Philip Jenks, who runs the company
"I had been selling reconditioned Parker 51s on my site for many years, and kept on getting asked if I had a pen specifically for lawyers. As a profession, they seem to love writing and everything that goes with it. Searching on the web, I came across a beautiful pen which Conway Stewart made a few years ago for doctors. I got in touch with the company, and together we came up with a design for lawyers which exceeded my best expectations."
The centre band is engraved with the scales of justice, as is the cap. The pen is in a limited edition of 250 numbered pieces world-wide.
This exquisite fountain pen is made specially for Carbolic Smoke Ball Co. by Britain's leading luxury pen manufacturer - Conway Stewart. The Lawyer's Pen is based on Conway Stewart's Wellington design in classic black, and with a discreet legal motif. It is the perfect gift to a lawyer in the family, or to colleagues or clients who will immediately admire its understated elegance and appreciate its practical qualities.
- The cap and barrel are turned from smart black Italian resin, then accented with intricate engraving.
- The centre band, in solid silver, is engraved with the scales of justice and carries the sterling silver hallmark.
- The top of the cap is engraved with a scales of justice motif.
- The nib is 18ct gold and engraved with the Conway Stewart name and logo.
- The pen uses a reliable cartridge converter mechanism which can be refilled either from a bottle of ink or from cartridges.
- The flow of ink to the nib is smooth and consistent, making writing a real pleasure.
- The pen comes in Conway Stewart's luxurious packaging - a double-layer presentation box with the Conway Stewart name picked out in gold, and with a black velour interior.
Every stage of the production process, from the turning of the barrel, to the banding of the cap, to the fitting of the nib, to final polishing and testing, takes place in Conway Stewart's workshops in Plymouth. The Lawyer's pen is in a limited edition of 250 numbered pieces world-wide.
*Carbolic Smoke Ball Co., is the name of an 1893 law case in England which established an important precedent in contract law. Apparently almost every lawyer in the world has studied it!
The Lawyer's Pen is only available by order through Conway Stewart and The Carbolic Smoke Ball Co